Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lengthen a Too Short Shirt


I  bet you can't guess what this post is going to be about.

I have this lovely blue shirt for a while now, and from the moment I bought it it's just been too short. {probably because it was a size smaller than i usually wear....but i wanted it.} I usually wear it tucked in to a skirt, so it hasn't mattered much. 

Until yesterday, when I decided to wear it with jeans. 

You ever have those days where you are pretty much afraid to move for fear of your shirt riding halfway  up your back?

I can relate.

So here's what I came up with:



To replicate, you will need:

~the shirt you want to lengthen 
~another shirt you can cut up/ knit material {in a complimentary color}


First, put the shirt on and figure out where you want to add the extra material. I decided to add two stripes starting just below my bust. Cut the shirt. 





Cut a piece/pieces of your complimenting shirt to fit inside.




Get the idea?

Then, sew those suckers together.

{i also chose to add stripes to the arms....because i wanted to.}




You can make the shirt as long as you want. 

You'll never have to worry about yanking it down again.

{hoo-ray.}

4 comments:

  1. Late response but I love this! It's the first time I've seen this done and it look store bought instead of an obvious craft project haha. Glad this made it to pinterest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the idea! Cute alternative to adding a band at the bottom of a too-short tee.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...